- It was recently reported that a GT Advanced Technologies process could be used to grow high-efficiency, thin-film solar cells with possible applications for mobile devices.
- Solar-charging mobile devices would be desirable for manufacturers and consumers.
- Here, I present calculations showing that solar charging would also provide significant augmentation to battery power.
- Based on these calculations, I conclude that it is only a matter of time until solar-charged mobile devices become a reality.
- I believe the companies that supply the solar-charging technology stand to benefit much more than the companies that make the mobile devices that use it.